Tuesday, October 16, 2012

what now....



It's been a month since we lost Eileen.  It hasn't sunk in.  It's so unbelievable...so surreal... words escape me.  I ache.  I know things will get easier....I just need time.

I want to thank all of you who donated to UCSF in memory of Eileen.  By doing so, you are helping to fuck cancer, and that is definitely what needs to happen.

And thank you to all that have shared stories and memories of Eileen, both here and privately.  I can't express how appreciative I am.  Reading through them picks me up and gives me a smile, learning how she touched so many lives.

I'm motoring along, trying to stay busy.  Lots of things to tie up around the house.  I've started a blog over here to put my thoughts down.  Feel free to take a look.





...

If you would like to make a donation in Eileen's memory, and help fuck cancer, please consider donating to UCSF.  Eileen always received amazing care and had access to cutting edge clinical trials and treatments.  Her wish was for any donations to be made toward breast cancer research.

Here's what to do:


go to this UCSF link

-choose 'Choose a designation' under "MAKE A GIFT"
-choose 'other' and write "BREAST CANCER RESEARCH"
-under "WHAT TYPE OF GIFT WOULD YOU LIKE TO MAKE?" choose an amount to donate and check the box that says "This contribution is in honor or memory of someone."
-choose gift type "In Memory of"
-fill in Eileen Rohmer

thank you.




6 comments:

  1. A friend of mine came across Eileen's blog and saw Eileen wrote about a "concierge" and sent me this link. I thought I would send you my best. I hope it's not too awkward. Even though it had only been a year and a half since I met Eileen, I felt like I was in the battle with her all these time. I have to thank Eileen and you for giving me the opportunity. It saddens me to read about her passing but she has always been and will always be my inspiration to do what I am doing now.

    Thanks for sharing. Keep it up Keith!

    -Irene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eileen and I were colleagues. She came to my mind tonight so I decided to visit her blog. She is absolutely an amazing person. I miss her. Keith, you must be a very special man for someone so perfect to call you her husband. Hang in there.

    -Ting

    ReplyDelete