Sunday, August 22, 2010

Cancer Vacation

Well, my oncologist thinks waiting is the way to go. I'll get rescanned in several months and hopefully Herceptin will do its job and keep things in check! In the mean time I'm taking a cancer vacation. I'm feeling really good, my hair is starting to come back and with three weeks between infusions I'm enjoying forgetting about cancer. Some days I do better at it than others, but I'm working on it. I'm walking a lot, I even went for a bike ride with Keith today. It has been too long since I'd done that. I'm definitely not in biking shape, but that'll come.

I'm getting ready to go back to work. I can't believe there's only one more week of summer!?!?It'll be good to get back to it this year. I'm enjoying getting things organized and I'm crossing my fingers that things go smoothly this year!

As I relax and enjoy what is left of summer I'm enjoying some delicious steaks courtesy of an old colleague. While the steaks are scrumptious, we also enjoyed playing with the dry ice that came in the box (geeky fun). I'm not sure what I did to deserve that box full of goodness, but it is certainly being enjoyed! Thanks PD.

I really owe a whole lot of you a thank you! I know I've said it before, but it bears repeating. Thank you for the meals, the delicious treats, the chocolates, the unexpected gifts, the sweetest cards, the emails, the comments on the blog, the facebook comments, all of it. It has all helped make this most craptastic situation more bearable and for that I thank you. While we're not out of the woods, we have made it through a very ugly patch.

3 comments:

  1. Cancer? What cancer? I hope you are enjoying success in taking that cancer vacation, a vacation you and Keith richly deserve! I bet it will be fun to watch your gorgeous hair grow back in and cheery to feel your energy coming back. Hope that energy serves you well as you head back into the classroom and charm/whip your new students into shape. Even though YOU are taking the vacation, we're still thinking of you and sending encouragement to the Herceptin to keep those nasty cells at bay. Love, S, L & N.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your school year is going smoothly so far and that your energy level keeps on the up and up. I've got my fingers still crossed that the Herceptin remains very effective!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Was your cancer retreat fun? Wishing you all the best in your school and health!

    ReplyDelete