Sunday, November 14, 2010

All Healed Up!

I went back for my post-op appointment on Monday. She took a look at my incisions, picked some of the glue out of my belly button (TMI, sorry) and told me I'm healing up well. I got to see some photos of my innards; really cool, but so strange. After years of drawing diagrams of anatomy when I taught biology I sort of forgot that I was drawing "cartoon" versions of everything. In reality they don't look quite like that! The good news is that the ovaries and tubes are clear of cancer and my liver at least looks good from the outside.

After we got home, Keith thought it would have been funny to mess with the doctor and ask her when we could start trying to conceive. That would have been pretty mean, but funny none the less...in a demented way. (we've got to have some laughs!).

Now we just motor along until my next big scan. Not sure when that'll be, should be in the next month or two. I'm getting my Herceptin every three weeks and hopefully that's killing any bits of cancer that are still hanging around!

4 comments:

  1. So glad to hear the continuing good reports!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES!! Great to hear more good news!! Now I hope you two can enjoy some good times -or just some sailing-along, normal times. Wonderful that you've not lost your sense of humor.
    Meaghan is excited that Pixar is coming out with Cars 2. And she's hoping that she'll be able to figure out how to skype & chat with a Chem guru. Happy Thanksgiving to you and Keith. love, Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you and Keith to keep your senses of humor - not always easy, I'm sure, but absolutely essential. Now more about that glue? Wonder how they used that? Glad that your healing has gone well and that there are no signs of cancer. Hope you can get back to that cancer vacation and put worrying about the next scan way into the background, a heroic feat if you could pull it off. Enjoy Thanksgiving and your week off! love, Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great news! I hope that we have a real theme here: a succession of excellent reports that will just keep on coming! And, yes, glad to hear that your and Keith's sense of humor is intact; it is key. Overall, it’s almost a cross between a 50’s radio show in which the doctor takes out his own appendix on the air and a SNL skit: biology teacher seeing her own scans!

    I hope that you have a very enjoyable and relaxing week off.

    Take care.

    Love, Jane

    ReplyDelete