Thursday, October 21, 2010

Resting Comfortably

Back home. So far things are going easier than expected, but we'll see how it goes after the pain meds wear off. Keith went and filled my prescription for heavy duty motrin, and I'm sitting here trying to choke down enough food to safely take the pill. They gave me something that dried out all my secretions so I'm guzzling water and eating salines is a complete joke. I had some broth and seemed ok but crackers are futile. I came out of the sedation much easier than when I had surgery to install my port....what a relief! I just had to wait in the recovery room for a while because I had to prove to them that I could pee (not a problem). I'm tired.....more later.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update! Glad to hear that things went pretty smoothly, but sorry to hear that eating is a tough job. That is never good! Seriously, I hope that you are able to down some food and the motrin kicks and does its magic.

    Yes, keep us posted when it’s easy to do!

    Take care.

    Love, Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is good news. I hope the recovery is easy for you. You are in our prayers always. Love ya, Marion and Chris.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eileen,

    Sorry, I've missed three posts!!
    Woow, you're one strong woman writing a post within hours of surgery.
    Hope you're now able to swallow with ease and have something good to eat. You deserve some good rest & good treats after this procedure. It is exhausting physically and emotionally. Take good care of yourself. We're all rooting for you! All our love,
    Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad things went smoothly. Rest up. You are in our thoughts.

    ReplyDelete