Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Staying the Course For Now

I got the same old chemo cocktail today. When I saw the doctor she recommended that I get a PET/CT to check on things and then we'll have better information before we make a decision about changing treatments. My doctor is concerned about the skin thickening, but was still really impressed at how much better my skin looks overall. The red spots of the skin metastases are almost all gone.

In other news, bone soup is back on my menu. My platelet count was LOW as were a bunch of other things. I have been taking some iron supplements, but it isn't quite enough. I don't know if the soup will do any good, it may just be that my bone marrow is beat up by all the chemo but, I figure it can't hurt. I'm thinking I need to try my hand at making some homemade pho (one of my most favorite comfort foods).

I'm looking forward to taking it slow this week. It looks like it will be raining a lot, so Red and I are going to have to watch the radar and wear our rain coats (yes, Red has a rain coat!).

2 comments:

  1. Good to hear that the red spots are almost gone, but I'm sorry to learn that the skin thickening is worrisome. Will the PET/CT scan help your doc figure it out? Hope this can be done soon. A lovely, hot bowl of pho on a cool & rainy day sounds good and good for the platelets. So, how about a photo of Red in his raincoat? Rest & enjoy some silly movies betwen your walks. love, S, L & N

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for another report. Yes, I am sorry to hear that the thickening is worrisome; it would have been nice to hear otherwise. I hope that the PET will be useful in determining the next steps.

    Yes, Red needs a publicist-like still in his raincoat! What self-respecting canine doesn't?!!

    Hope you are able to get some good rest in this week and do some enjoyable things, as well.

    Take care.

    Love, Jane

    ReplyDelete