Tuesday, November 29, 2011

A Little Good News

I had blood drawn when I got Herceptin and I have been curious (and worried) about the results. Specifically, I've been worried that my liver function tests and my tumor markers were going to be elevated. I emailed my oncologist yesterday (I can't tell you how cool it is to have a doctor who does email!) and everything is NORMAL! In the email I also asked her to help me get scheduled for my new port, so that will be coming down the pike too. I don't need the new port desperately but it sure will be nice to have one that works!

Just to keep you all in the loop- I definitely have some shit growing in my right breast again. I'm just hoping that that's the only spot... I'm hopeful that it is, but I guess I wouldn't be surprised if something else lights up on my pre-trial scan. I haven't been scheduled for that scan yet, but it should be happening in the next couple weeks.

5 comments:

  1. Eileen, I'm so glad that the liver function and tumor maker results were normal! Lord knows, you need some reassuring news. It must be so worrisome and creepy to feel the cancer growing in the breast and wondering if it's growing elsewhere. Doesn't it just make you want to send away for that home mastectomy kit?! We're hoping & praying that you can get those scans scheduled and return to the Tykerb regime to kill those cancer cells SOON. love, Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eileen,
    Great news on the bloodwork. You are strong!!
    I'm so sorry that the cancer cells are still growning in your right breast..... I'll have fingers and toes crossed that nothing else shows in up your next scans. Please do keep us in the loop.
    Love, ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for keeping us posted. I am happy to hear that you got at least some reassuring news! But I am so sorry to hear that you believe that those nasty cancer cells are multiplying. I can’t imagine how completely and utterly un-nerving that is. As noxious as it is, it’s too bad that you could not move up the start of the Tykerb. But I understand the protocol.

    With all of this, I hope that you are able to find time to fun some fun things in an attempt to keep sane!

    Take good care.

    Love, Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eileen,
    Wonderful news that your tumor markers and liver functions are normal! You are a strong woman!
    That's great that your doctor emails - makes things so much more efficient.
    I hope she can help you get your new port in soon.
    I'm so sorry to hear that the cancer cells are growing in the right breast. I do hope that your scan shows nothing more.
    Love,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear your good news - but frustrating to have this long wait before you can get back to zapping those cancer cells. Keep up the healthy living - all those walks must be keeping you strong. Hope Christmas brings you some great scans. love, Ellen

    ReplyDelete