Tuesday, November 1, 2011

The Mask


So, my first two radiation treatments are done. I'm already losing my patience with how late they run, but more on that later.

Today it took extra long because there was "a glitch" in my program. I don't totally understand what happened, but the computer detected movement as it switched from my right side to my left side and it had to be reset before we could continue. As they fixed the problem I was unlatched from the table and snapped this picture of my mask...

So far I'm feeling ok, a little weird, but nothing terrible. Hopefully things continue to go along pretty well.

5 comments:

  1. A very stylish face they have chosen for you, goes with your eyes. How does it operate? Sure it must be a glowing experience. Keep your humor and your patience, don't waste your time or energy on the frustrations. Appreciate your sharing and giving a very knowledgable point of view. Your awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. eileen, I have been wondering how treatments were going for you this week. Thanks for the update. Hang in there. Hope the process becomes more smooth and that you continue to feel ok. Love, ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to get an update on how the radiation is going. Cool color for the helmet. Hope that computer does not keep detecting movements. It must be difficult to keep perfectly still - or is it just the computer's problem? Well, I hope you continue to feel okay and that the weirdness gets no worse.
    Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the update and photo! The mask is not what I expected to look like, but there you go. What do I know!

    I am sorry to hear that you are feeling a little weird. I hope that it doesn’t worsen and remains tolerable. This is stressful as it is, without scheduling problems. Hope things improve on the timing front.

    Take care.
    Love, Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope that you're still feeling OK, albeit a bit weird, after the radiation treatments. Thanks for the photo of the mask. I wonder what that interesting material is that it's made of. So the radiation comes from underneath? It must be a bit uncomfortable to have your head attached and to stay completely still. How's the Herceptin going? How's Red? Hope the bandana isn't still with him! Thinking of you and hoping week 2 of the radiation goes quickly and without too much discomfort. love, Sheila & Larry

    ReplyDelete