Thursday, December 29, 2011

Re-Ported

We had a great trip to Michigan. The first round back on Tykerb went pretty well. I definitely had some downtime when I felt crappy, but nothing scary. The house we rented was great and I especially liked having a window seat and a wood burning stove. The weather wasn't as snowy as I was hoping for, but I still feel like I got my winter on. We got back last night and this morning I went and got my new port. I was relieved to have the same doctor putting the new port in that took my old one out. It just makes things easier when the person you're dealing with knows the story. We got there around 8:15 and were out of there by 11:15. Not bad really. Now we're back home and I'm resting comfortably. Once the numbing meds wear off I'll be sore, but hopefully it won't be too bad. The doctor recommended Advil, so clearly he isn't expecting terrible pain. Fingers crossed!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the report re: re-ported (ok; that was nail-on-chalkboard annoying!). Seriously, I am happy to hear that you and Keith had a good trip to Michigan and that the Tykerb regime was not too scary. You are a real trooper! Not an enjoyable way to spend the holidays. I hope that the next round proves to be as easy or even easier.

    I hope that you are able to fit in some fun things before school starts.

    Here’s to a happy and clear-scan 2012!!

    Love, Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the report, Eileen. We've been thinking of you. Glad that Christmas in MI went well, that your rental was pleasant and that the port installation went without a hitch. Still, it must be uncomfortable. I've had success recently with keeping pain at bay by taking both advil and tylenol: every two hours you take either 2 advil or 2 tylenol. Worked like a charm. Hope whatever you need to take, your new port heals without much discomfort. Enjoy the last days of vacation! love, Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eileen, I'm so glad that you and Keith were able to have a good time in the UP despite the Tykerb!!! Hope the new port heals quickly. Enjoy the rest of the week, Happy New Year to you and Keith! And (to echo Jane) here's to a clear scan 2012!!!!
    Love, ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to be back online and to read your update. Glad to hear that the UP was pleasant despite the Tykerb and the rather snow-free weather we have been experiencing. Hope your new port is healing quickly and that you and Keith can get in some fun before school begins. May 2012 bring you both good times. love, Ellen

    ReplyDelete