Tuesday, January 3, 2012

It Is Amazing How Responsive You Are...


Went in for my checkup before the next round, and after some poking and a review of her notes from two weeks ago my oncologist says, "it's amazing how responsive you are". The skin is less red and the tumor seems to have shrunk measurably. This is after round one!! This is especially heartening because my body has "seen" Tykerb before and you'd expect whatever cancer that was left to be relatively resistant to the Tykerb (it survived it before...). Not much else to report. My EKG was normal and my blood work wasn't back yet (I'll get a call if there's a problem).

Back to work tomorrow and back on the sauce on Thursday. Wish me luck trying to work during this next round...

9 comments:

  1. oh you've always been such a responsive kid..

    great news!
    love,
    laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great start to 2012, thought of modelling the hospital garb. You look great in everything they throw at you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the photo! Good reason for your great smile - wonderful to hear that the cancer cells are dying off in response to the Tykerb assault and that you're getting the boost of visible results so soon. Keep up the good work, Tykerb! We'll be thinking of you tomorrow as you start round #2 and hoping that your weekend won't be too horrible. love, Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah! Wonderful news!!! Hope things go well at school. I'll be thinking of you.
    Love, ann

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is excellent news!! What a great way to kick off 2012! I am so happy for you! I hope that the Tykerb continues to do its magic with somewhat manageable side effects.

    I hope that you found a way to celebrate this good news!

    Love, Jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great News from a highly responsive gal!
    I hope tykerb is working its magic but allowing you to get through your days without too many awful side effects. We'll be thinking of you as you go through this coming week of school.
    It's wonderful to get your photos (as someone else said you look cute in anything they give you!) Love, Kate
    PS I got a new computer and thus was out of touch for a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Missed you today at work and yesterday...hope you're feeling OK girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eileen, You are an amazing role model for all of us. Please continue to hang in there and think positive thoughts - hard as that might be while you are getting sick and trying to WORK!?! at the same time.
    My constant thoughts and prayers are with you each day. Claudia (Mom's friend)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're totally rocking that hospital gown, e! Love the hat! :)

    ReplyDelete