Thursday, February 24, 2011

Clean Lungs

I saw the pulmonologist today. I was cranky because she was running late by 45 minutes or so. I know I complain about this a lot, but I just can't get over it. I understand emergencies, but I can't imagine there are this many emergencies. Anyway, my crankiness went away when I finally saw her and she told me my lungs are clean. Whatever showed up on my PET/CT in December is gone. I guess I really did have pneumonia. So after waiting 45 minutes we talked for 5 minutes and I bid her farewell. My pulmonolgist is very nice, but I'm hoping I won't see her for a long time!

Otherwise I'm doing fine. My gullet has finally gotten back to normal (just in time to get fucked up again!). My energy is decent, my hair is almost all gone. I'm actually anxious for the rest to come out because the bits that are left are like little prickers when I put my head on my pillow at night. I don't remember it being like this last time, maybe I just blocked it out. Wearing a hat helps, but I take my hat off in my sleep (maybe I get too hot...).

I'm hustling at work to get things pulled together for next week. I got most things squared away today, but there is more to do!

3 comments:

  1. Great to hear your Lung News! Good to have that off your worry list. Hope you can enjoy a few days of a normal gullet before the 3rd round of chemo. Eat up this weekend to fortify yourself for next week. Take good care of yourself next week and enjoy your mom's visit.
    Lots of love from all of us, Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for letting us know your wonderful news. That's fabulous! Hope all goes well with your chemo this week.
    Love,ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am happy to hear that you got a good report from the pulmonologist! A big ‘whew’ to say the least!

    But I am sorry to hear that your scalp is so sensitive. It’s so important to be able to get a restful night’s sleep!

    Chemo is a long and tough process, there is always something…. gullet, scalp to name just a few.

    I hope that you got your school work wrapped up, so that at least you don’t have to think about school this week. I will be thinking and rooting for you! I hope minimal (if any!) new side effects rear their proverbial heads this week. Take good care.

    Love, Jane

    ReplyDelete