Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The Waiting Game

I put in a full day's work today. It was good to get back to it. I feel pretty much back to normal after the surgery. The portacath is still a really alien thing though. I catch myself moving a certain way and feeling it in there (ick, ick). I'm getting much more used to it and I'll be relieved to put it to use (and avoid all the sticks!).

In the back of my mind all day were the results from my PET CT, so I called the Doctor as soon as I got home. He called me back a couple hours later with the results. The bad news is that there is cancer in my liver (fuck, fuck, fuck!). The good news is they don't see it anywhere else (not even any other lymph nodes).

So, I have stage IV breast cancer (fuck, fuck, fuck!).

We're headed to the oncologist tomorrow afternoon to talk about the "cocktail" I'll be getting to kill this shit.

Even though the news is bad, we're counting our blessings that it isn't worse (and it could've been WAY worse). We're hanging in there and looking forward to watching LOST tonight.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Eileen, we are so sorry to hear this news, but are hoping that, given that it's not as bad as it could have been, your super surgeon and oncologist can get out the big guns and kill the bad guys. Thank you for doing this blog. Our thoughts have been constantly with you. Sheila & Larry (plus a purr from Nona)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eileen, I am so sorry to hear that your cancer is stage IV. Your attitude is great though (at least on the blog) ...... it really could have been much worse. And, as you know, they really have made great progress in the treatments for breast cancer. Take good care. Ann

    ReplyDelete