Thursday, February 25, 2010

Waiting Rooms and Doorsteps Piled with Treats!

Warning I'm gonna rant for a moment...
The last two afternoons I've gotten coverage for my last class (everyone at school has been amazingly supportive!) so I can go to appointments. Both afternoons I've watched the clocks in the waiting rooms click away (actually I watch my phone, because they don't have clocks in waiting rooms!!). In the end I could have stayed at work for the full day both days because people were running so late. This pisses me off. I understand about emergencies and the like, but urgh.

Now the good stuff...
I came home this afternoon to find a pile of all sorts of treats from various family members. If you live nearby, you might want to swing by for some Godiva chocolates, H&H bagels, smoked salmon, amazing English cheddar cheese, brownies, fresh bread and I might even read to you from one of my the addicting and kinda scary books. Thanks to all of you. Keith and I feel quite loved (and FULL).

The brain MRI went fine today (when I finally got in). Keith would have totally freaked out if he had gotten his head clamped in and then got shoved into that tiny tube. Not sure when we'll get the results. Not super keyed up about it either (not sure why).

The insurance company approved the chemo as well as some other diagnostic tests (yippee, more tests). Doctor Y was expecting it to take 1-2 weeks to get the chemo approved, so this is great news! We're feeling lucky to have good insurance.

I'm still working to figure out how to deal with work, but I can't even describe how supportive and accommodating my boss is. There are a lot of unknowns, but I have options and flexibility. Keith's work has continued to be amazingly supportive and understanding of all his time spent not working on the movie (which happens to be in crunch time). We're lucky fuckers (well kinda).

1 comment:

  1. You have every right to rant.... so feel free to do so.
    Red sounds like such a sweetheart..... can he have some of these treats you mentioned (except for the chocolates, of course)??
    Hope you and Keith have a fun, relaxing weekend.

    ReplyDelete