Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Weekend Away


Things are motoring along here. Last round went ok, same as before, puking, shitting and fatigue. I don't remember being so tired last time around, don't know what that's about, but it is crazy! I've complained about being tired before, but it just doesn't compare. It is on my list of things to talk about with my doctor.

Keith and I (and Red) are just back from a lovely little weekend up in Marshall, CA. We rented a cute little cottage on a ridge overlooking Tomales Bay. It was a beautiful spot nestled amongst cypress trees with great views of the water. We left Friday evening when Keith got home from work (I was done early Friday and had an appointment for yet another CT Scan - I don't really understand why I needed another so soon... it has something to do with the trial, but at least I'm not anxious about the results). We stopped in Sausalito for dinner. It isn't really on the way, but our favorite fish restaurant is there... We pulled up to the cottage before 9pm and I promptly jumped into the hot tub and had a little soak under the stars.

Saturday we did a little hiking along the coast, had a great lunch in Point Reyes Station (Keith had a conserved tuna salad that was AMAZING - next time I get too much tuna to eat in one meal (Costco) I'll have to try making it), went back to the cottage took a nap and a soak and took a drive at sunset over the hills to explore Petaluma. This morning we got up and took Red for some ball play at the beach before we headed back home.

I've got to head in to UCSF for a blood draw and a doctor's appointment on Tuesday, then a brain MRI on Wednesday and then back on Tykerb on Thursday. I'm nervous about the brain MRI! Please cross all fingers and toes that things look clear!!

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like the perfect getaway! Hot tub under the stars.. nature all around.. An early valentines present. Thoughts and prayers with you during the upcoming tests! Hope the docs find a way to keep your energy up. Happy Valentines to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Eileen, I am so glad that you and Keith (and Red) had a nice weekend away. It looks like a beautiful place!
    We'll have all fingers and toes crossed on Wed for a clear scan. Hope this upcoming Tykerb round goes better than expected.
    Take good care and keep us posted.
    Love, ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the wonderful photos with this posting. Sounds like a LOVELY weekend get-away. No wonder you're so fatigued - serious bouts of puking and shitting with Tykerb every two weeks would wear anyone down. We'll be thinking of you, hoping the doc can help (even give you some good news?!) and that all turns out to be completely unremarkable with the brain MRI. love with fingers crossed, Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eileen,
    Your weekend get-away sounds great - seeing beautiful scenery and sitting in a hot tub under the stars sounds like what the doctor ordered. Thanks for including the gorgeous photos! Good for you for planning a get-away even when you're feeling exhausted.

    I hope your doctor's apt today went well and I'll be keeping all fingers and toes crossed for a clear brain scan tomorrow.
    Love, Kate

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the update! Wow, your weekend getaway sounds fabulous! You, Keith and Red certainly deserved it. Fabulous photos!

    Yes, I will be thinking of you. Fingers crossed for a spotless brain scan! I am sorry that you don’t have a bit of a break before the nasty Tykerb starts again. I hope that perhaps you doctor will have some ways of easing the fatigue.

    Take care.
    Love, Jane

    ReplyDelete