Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Plan B

My Herceptin side effects have subsided and I've started taking Tykerb. At this dose, Tykerb is easier to deal with. It makes me feel a little oogley and unsettled. It is hard to figure out what I want to eat, but gone are the days when all I wanted was spicy burmese.

The big news this week is that I got an appointment with a different audiologist (that can get me the specific type of hearing aide that was recommended)! Yeah! The appointment isn't until the end of the month, but that is still 2 months before I could get into UCSF. It'll be nice to make some progress before July!!!

Other than that I've had a nice lazy week. I did a little bit of school work, read a book and relaxed. My moon face is slowly improving, yipppee!

I thought I'd snap a picture of part of a note I got last week. It is from a former student who I loved, but drove me a little nuts (you'll see why)...

4 comments:

  1. Eileen Congrats! for persisting and getting an appointment with a different audiologist who will be able to get you the specific type of hearing aide that you need - before July!
    Thanks for sending the photo of the quilt; what a treasure!
    Got a good chuckle out of the note from your former student - first I've ever heard of a student falling asleep during a test!!
    Glad to hear that the herceptin side effects have subsided; but sorry to hear that the tykerb is making you feel unsettled.
    Love, Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eileen- Thanks for the update and so glad that you were able to get in with another audiologist earlier. Persistence does pay off! Your former student sounds like a great kid..... with a great sense of humor about him/herself! Hope the new drug regime continues to go relatively smoothly.
    Take good care and enjoy the relaxation!
    Love,
    ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the update! I hope that this alternative hearing appointment turns out to be useful.

    I am glad to hear that this round of Tykerb is somewhat manageable. Now, you have me wondering about spicy burmese....I will investigate!

    And, thanks for posting that portion of the letter from a former student. It’s nice to get that feedback, even a few years down the road. In fact, at a distance, it’s more meaningful. And, perhaps, this person has discovered caffeine, by now (ha ha!)

    Take good care.
    Love, Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad that you've got the earlier appointment for the hearing aid and, like Jane, really interested in what spicy burmese food is like. What a relaxed and confident (or "out to lunch"??) student who can have a bit of a snooze during a test! Isn't it nice that she/he recognizes your kindness in the wake-up call? How are you doing with the Tykerb? Still making you feel oogley (great word!)? Hoping your stomach can make peace with the Tykerb. love, Sheila

    ReplyDelete