Monday, May 21, 2012

Hearing-

-Aid is in and it works (and it isn't super uncomfortable).  Went down to San Mateo with Keith to get my hearing aid.  I fucked up and thought the appointment was at 2:30, when in fact it was at 1:30 (really, it's miraculous that this doesn't happen more given how many appointments I have).  Thankfully the doctor was willing to fit me in at the end of her day (4:30).  Keith and I took a little stroll around the neighborhood and enjoyed the fine spring day.

The hearing aids are tiny, really pretty hard to see if you aren't looking for them (pictures coming).  It's going to take me a while to get used to them.  It doesn't make it so I hear out of my bad ear, it just "broadcasts" the sounds from my left ear to my right ear.  It sounds a little tinny, but I think I'll take it!  I'll go back to see the Audiologist in two weeks to make the necessary adjustments.

4 comments:

  1. Great to hear that you've got a hearing aid and that the doc was willing to fit you in at the end of the day. However, I can imagine that it takes time and patience to get used to the aid. It must be confusing to have sounds from both sides coming into one ear, but our brains are amazing and yours will probably be able to sort it all out. love, Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the report. I can imagine that it could easily take a while to get used to the hearing aid. It must be disconcerting. Glad to hear that you worked in a bit of fun around your appointment.

    Take good care.
    Love, Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad that you've gotten your hearing aid!! I can imagine that it would take some time getting used to it, but I'm sure you will.
    Hope you and Keith are enjoying more spring days! Here in NC we keep jumping back and forth between spring and summer. Today is summer.
    Love, ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you got the aid and that it isn't super uncomfortable. So, now when you want to hear everything, you can tune in. Nice doc to fit you in - it's pay-back for all those times you have been kept waiting. Keep enjoying those spring days. We've had three days in the 90s, and it's still May. all our love, ellen

    ReplyDelete