Thursday, May 17, 2012

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggity Jog

Keith and I are back from a quick trip back east to see my family. While I've seen my mom and sister recently, it'd been entirely too long since I'd seen my niece and nephew. It was great to see everyone! Keith did his son-in-law duty and fixed a couple things around the house.  I had fun putting together a giant bubble blowing contraption (so fun, I might have to make one for myself).

We got back Tuesday night.  I took it easy yesterday and today I had an echocardiogram (to make sure my treatment isn't damaging my heart muscle- it isn't, I still have an ejection fraction of 61%) and my Herceptin drip.  Things went smoothly and I hustled home on the BART.  Keith picked me up at the station and we had lunch together.  It was a good day.

5 comments:

  1. So glad to hear that you had a good trip to CT and that the ECG showed that your heart isn't damaged by the treatment. I'm wondering how your tummy is doing with the regular regime of Tykerb. Is the picture one of the bubble blowing contraption? Looks like a fancy kite? I'll need to get details....Hoping to hear news of a hearing aid soon. love, Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful time and good news after the return. You will have to share how you made the giant bubble contraption and what you used for solution. Looks like it would be alot of fun for kids and adults alike.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the update. Sounds like both you and Keith were excellent house guests! Bubbles are always a heck-of-a lot of fun! And that does look like a very cool kite, yes? Were you up against a still day? Or, I hope that you were post successful kite flying session!

    And I am happy to hear the good report on your ticker!

    I hope that you are continuing to find fun things to keep you occupied. I am sure not an easy thing while on Tykerb.

    Take good care.
    Love, Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you had a good trip east! I'm sure the folks really enjoyed your visit. The bubble is beautiful and big...... looks like one of the kids could have fit inside.
    Enjoy the summer! I hope it is filled with lots of good days for you and Keith.
    Love, ann

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic photo of a huge bubble! What fun. I'd love one of those machines. Great to hear that you and Keith had a good trip East; I'm sure everyone enjoyed your visit. Whew! good to hear that your heart is weathering the storm well. We always knew your heart was excellent! Hoping that you and Keith can have a good summer filled with fun adventures and relaxing times. love, Ellen
    PS - A belated Happy Anniversary to you two!

    ReplyDelete