Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Another Drip Down...


Yesterday I went back to work after two weeks off (waking up was hard, otherwise it was great to get back to it!) and I had an uneventful Herceptin drip yesterday and a quick check-in with the oncologist. It is all getting kinda routine (in a good way). Herceptin isn't tough at all, which is a great thing since I'm gonna be on it for a LONG time.

My assignment for this afternoon was to start to unravel the insurance snafus. Holy crap is that annoying! When I "drop in" for my neulasta shot (its the $3000 thing that jump starts my bone marrow and keeps my white blood cell counts up) they've been logging me in under one of the other doctors in the practice. This doctor is only registered with our insurance at his other two offices. As a result the insurance is treating him as an "out of network" doctor and we're getting billed for 20% of the bill. What the heck? Why does it matter which address the doctor bills from!?!? Urgh. So stupid! I called the doctor's office to try to figure this out and they told me not to worry about it, they'd take care of it. Next time I'm there, I'll make sure to follow up!

I'm feeling really good, I could almost forget that I have this crap (except my hair is falling out). I'm a little worried about neuropathy since my fingertips have been sensitive lately, so I'm taking a couple supplements recommended by my nutritionist and okayed by my oncologist.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the report; glad to hear that you have another drip under your proverbial belt.

    How’s your scalp? I guess it’s a trade off; total hair loss, diminished pain? That is a drag to be sure, but only temporary.

    Wow, the insurance snafus really are amazing, right out of SNL. Hope that you are able to straighten things out. Of course, these are the last sorts-of-things that you should have to be dealing with; the C-word is more than enough to keep you occupied.

    Hope that you and Keith manage to fit in a few fun and relaxing things this week.

    Thinking of you,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good in the big drip chair - impressed with the matching hat and tee! Glad that the herceptin doesn't give you trouble and hope it doesn't take too much time out of your day; routine is good after the drama you've been through. Hmmm, 20% of the cost of that neulasta shot isn't spare change! Hope that issue's been sorted out. Lovely early spring here: forsythia, daffodils & magnolias all at the same time. Love, Sheila

    ReplyDelete