Saturday, April 3, 2010

Slugging Out

So far so good with round two. I didn't get as achey as I did the first time, but my brain is definitely a little more foggy. Maybe it is just too much TV.

I haven't been as good about taking it easy this week. Thursday I thought Meg and I would go to Costco and get new tires for my car. Who knew this would take more than four hours. Yikes. It wasn't worth the money we saved. However, I did learn that Costco is indeed one of the cheapest places to grab a bite to eat. For $1.50 you can get a HUGE hotdog (not good for chemo stomach) and a bottomless cup of soda. Long story short, I was TIRED at the end of the day on Thursday. Friday we laid low, except for a quick trip to school to pick up some grading. With help from Meg I got through most of it. Yipppee!

It'll be another lazy day for me. I'm trying to get rested up. Keith and I are heading to Death Valley for 2 days next week. We're hoping to see some wildflowers.

3 comments:

  1. Greetings!

    Glad to hear that you didn't feel that achy this time around; hope you are feeling more clear-headed soon.

    Well, you and Meg sure know how to have fun... it really doesn't get much better than shopping for tires!! But seriously, it's nice to have company while doing those necessary but boring tasks.

    Have fun in Death Valley; D.V. is known for a wide variety of wildflowers, no?

    Take care.

    Love, Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to know the last session reaction wasn't as bad. Agreed, the fogginess is quite possibly a lot of TV-sitting (Quite familiar with that type of fog, myself! :) The trip to DValley will be a fun diversion. If the weather has proceeded (season-wise) as it has up here, things should be really blooming. (It's like June around here--everyone's discombobulated, planting and putting out flowers, etc. Just wait. That May blizzard hasn't arrived yet! Ha-ha.)
    Enjoy a relaxing day, and know that we're thinking of you and sending love and good vibes your way. P & A xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a suggestion for you in Death Valley. In addition to the wildflowers, check ou the nighttime sky.

    Stay somewhere in the valley overnight. Hopefully it won't be cloudy. Make sure you and Keith go out after dark and when the moon is not up and drive away from any local lights. Put a mat on the ground and lie down looking up at the stars. It can be absolutely spectacular.

    I camped out without a tent and just watched the stars for hours. The desert night sky is so clear.

    ReplyDelete