Friday, April 9, 2010

Great Quick Trip!


We got back from our trip yesterday. It seems crazy that we were in Arizona (albeit for just a second as we walked across the Hoover Dam) yesterday! We had a great time. We didn't quite see everything we wanted to, so we'll just have to go back again (and rent a Jeep so we can get to some of the more remote places in Death Valley).

I'm feeling pretty good. I end up getting really tired by the end of the day. After a long fun day of hiking in Death Valley on Wednesday I was completely wiped out! Thankfully a decent night's sleep did the trick and I was ready to go again on Thursday. Now that we're back home I'd say I feel pretty much normal again.

My hair is really coming out now. As luck would have it this dramatic shedding started on our trip. Not a terrible thing, I made a mess of the hotel shower instead of my own! It is a little weird because it is starting from the top, so I have what looks like male patterned baldness at the moment. The other drag is that my scalp HURTS! I've read some suggestions from folks who swear by using a lint roller on your head, but ooof that hurts! I guess I'll just let it come out on its own time. What's a little more hair in a house with two cats and a dog, at least Keith isn't shedding as much anymore!

It is back to work for me next week. I've gotten used to this no work thing, but with only a week of teaching before my next round, I'll manage. I've got a couple of doctor's appointment's this week, one with my oncologist and the other with my breast surgeon. I've managed to make those appointments for after school, so I won't miss any more time (thankfully!).

If you're interested in seeing some more photos of our trip, head over here:

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures! I'm glad spring break didn't fall during a chemo week, so you could take such a lovely little trip. I miss spring break, by the way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those were some beautiful photos! I like the one with the sun shining through the blossom, and flowers thriving in gravel makes one think. Keith and Eileen, it makes us happy to see pictures of you enjoying it all--it looks so sunny, warm, and clear. Now the "long-awaited" hair loss is here. Phooey. But, oh, well. . . We're glad you're feeling pretty good and positive about your fatigue and other chemo-related stuff. Darn cancer, BEGONE! Yes, doesn't the no work thing rock? But you'll like getting back to the action for that week. See what they've been up to ;) Meanwhile, relax, go with the flow, and know that we're thinking of you. Love, P & A xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your trip report; glad to hear that you had a great time. Wow!!! Your pictures are spectacular; each one is more gorgeous than the last. The set includes a nice mix of detailed close-ups and interestingly angled distance shots. Yes, you and Keith need to return!

    Hope you have a relatively easy and uneventful week. Take it easy.

    Hugs,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eileen & Keith,
    What a treat - news from you two and PHOTOS as well. I've been hoping you'd send some pics. You are both great photographers!! - that's where I want to go for my next spring break! The scenery is so dramatic and your pictures capture it beautifully. I didn't realize that Death Valley went so far south to Arizona.
    Hope you enjoy seeing your kids this week. Using a link roller on the scalp, sounds like an awful idea to me. Ouch..

    Take good care of yourselves.

    cheers from Madison -- Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the lovely photos - the delicate and colorful flowers are such a contrast with the dramatic scenery & interesting rock formations. So pleased that you had a good get-away! Might as well follow the lead of the other Cormier hair-shedders and let 'er fall out whereever. Wonder why the scalp hurts?? Hope the week at school and the doc appts go well. Thinking of you, Sheila

    ReplyDelete