Sunday, January 23, 2011

Fatigue

I made it through this round of chemo and my main complaint is fatigue. I'm tired. I'm really tired. At least some of this is the result of not getting steroids. I'm wondering about the decision to get chemo on Tuesday afternoon rather than Monday like I did last time around. It cuts down my recuperation time by a day and a half. I'm well enough to go back to work tomorrow, but it sure would be nice to have another day to rest up. We'll see how it goes this week and then maybe I'll put in a call to try to switch up my schedule.

Other than fatigue I'm doing ok. My gut is surviving this round better than I remember (knock on wood). My mouth feels like I burned my taste buds, but things are tasting ok. I've had enough energy to take old Red for walks everyday. In fact I've been walking 2-3 miles every day, not too shabby if I do say so myself.

It is back to work for me tomorrow. Lucky for me it's finals week so other than tomorrow the days are short and my main job is proctoring tests (easy peasy!).

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear that you're really tired. Not surprising, I'd guess, but still a bummer to be just dragging oneself around. Rest as much as possible - good that it's a lower pace this week with final exams. Might be a good idea to do the chemo on Mon next time. Cheering on the good work of those chemo chemicals. love, Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do take good care of yourself and give yourself as much time as you need to recoup. Glad you have to option of changing your chemo schedule if you want to. Thinking of you, and Keith, and Red......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I am sorry, too, to hear of your fatigue! I hope that your are able to re-schedule your next infusion to a Monday. That would make such a difference.

    You put us all to shame with your walking stats! Very impressive, indeed.

    Take care. Love, Jane

    ReplyDelete