Thursday, January 6, 2011

The Surgeon

So I had an appointment set with my breast surgeon (Dr. Z) before all hell broke loose. I was tempted to cancel it and just mosey along here, but I'm glad I didn't. He is great! He was mad that I didn't come to him for the biopsy (actually I'm mad about that too), but he's on the case now!! He did a quick ultrasound and sees something in there that he didn't see in July. Now it is small and it didn't show up on the PET/CT so that's kinda strange. He's ordered a breast MRI to get a better look and we'll follow that up with a biopsy if the MRI shows cancer. He's already got a call in to my oncologist to talk some more. Interestingly he said to hold off on the second opinion stuff a little bit until we get these test results back. That way the folks at UCSF will get the full picture of what's going on right now.

Keith and I are off to the snow for the weekend. We're taking Red. I don't think he's ever seen snow, it'll be interesting!!

5 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry that that damn cancer has showed up again. You and Keith are amazing - real inspirations for the rest of us. Good for you to plan a little weekend get-away in the snow! Good for you to be right on top of organizing the next steps and a 2nd opinion. It must be exhausting. Enjoy the loveliness of the winter wonderland. love, S, L & N

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard to manage all these docs, isn't it?? Glad Dr. Z's on the case now.
    Enjoy your weekend!! Love, ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayers are with you, Enjoy the weekend and keep the strength up, physically and mentally!
    To everyone your amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray for Dr. Z! We all need Dr. Z. or someone of his savvy, smarts, and commitment on retainer! Seriously. Glad to hear that he is being so supportive and pro-active.

    It’s a long series of steps, but I hope they go relatively smoothly and that you are able to schedule a 2nd opinion.

    Love, Jane

    In the meantime, I hope that you, Keith, and the Red-ster, have a great weekend getaway! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eileen,
    I just read your last two entries!! I'm so sorry to hear the news, and truly amazed that you have the energy and strength to get things organized and rolling in a new direction so quickly. Sounds like you have a few good docs who are on-top of their game. Hope the snow get away was fun. Your mom didn't need a get-away for her snow weekend. We seem to be in a frigid but snow-free zone for now. We're all praying and rooting for you and Keith.
    lots of love, Ellen, Robert, Meaghan and two kitties

    ReplyDelete