Monday, January 10, 2011

Surgeon's Update

So Dr. Z called me today. The pathology report is finally back from the biopsy. It is the same flavor of cancer as before (ER-, PR- and HER2+). He also reported that he spoke with my oncologist and she told him not to do another biopsy on me. I'm still going to go ahead and have the breast MRI. It will give us a good baseline measure of things prior to chemo.

I'm still working on getting in to see the pulmonologist. Actually I'm at my wits end with the office staff over there. If I don't hear back from them tomorrow, no more patient nice guy, I'm ready to unload. I called Thursday, she said she'd call be back. No call Friday, so I called today, she said she'd call me back. We'll see.

On another note, I managed to make a killer batch of chicken noodle soup! I've been craving it for weeks and the canned stuff just wasn't going to do. I started from scratch and didn't add anything fancy. It is really yummy, if I do say so myself! Keith even said it smelled so good that he'd almost (almost) consider breaking his 20+ year stint of vegetarianism.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for these updates-you're constantly in our thoughts. How angry-making and exhausting for you to run into roadblocks like the pulmonologist's office. Wish I were closer so I could offer to help ("this is my niece calling to make an appointment...") or bring over some soup (probably a better idea). The chicken noodle sounds like a great idea. love, Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for letting us know the latest. I know that it's way harder than the rest of us can even imagine..... but stay strong and persistent!!!!!
    Love, ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the update. I hope that the fact that the cancer is the same ‘flavor (sounds so innocent!),’ is a a relatively good thing? Your team knows the ammunition to use?

    I hope that you are able to get to see a pulmonologist soon. Sorry to hear it’s been such a hassle! The last thing you need right now….

    Excellent news on the chicken soup front! Enjoy!

    Take care.

    Love, Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Eileen,
    Thank goodness for the organized Dr. Z. I sure hope that the pulmonologist's office got their act together and gave you an appointment. Good luck with all that is on your schedule.
    Yum ... you've inspired me to make some chicken soup. Keep eating well - you need strength to be that no-more-ms.-nice-patient.
    love from all of us, Ellen

    ReplyDelete