Sunday, May 29, 2011

Day One Down


I started the new regime yesterday and things were pretty smooth. I had a bit of nausea and a head ache, but nothing terrible. I even went a little crazy and organized all my pills for this round!

That all changed this morning around 6am. I woke up and was really nauseated and vomited. I went back to bed and waited until 7am and I still felt pretty crappy, so I called the doctor. He told me to take the anti-nausea meds and wait a bit. I did that and at 8am I tried to have some toast and water. I got one bite down and got sick again. Ick! I called the doctor again and he told me to wait a while longer and see. This time I waited two hours and I actually started feeling pretty good. I ate some more toast and took my morning dose of pills. I haven't talked to the doctor again, but I'm hoping he'll have some advice on how to avoid this happening again tomorrow.

The perfect storm:
Keith's mom had a set back today and is back in the ICU. Poor Keith is so torn, I feel terrible. As he was getting news about his mom, I was in the bathroom puking my guts out. What a crappy way to start the day. I know things can always be worse, but jeeze...

I am confident that things will get better. I just need to get my drugs dialed in a bit. I think I just went too long without any anti-nausea stuff. I'll talk it over with the doc later today and see what he recommends.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for another report and photo! Yes, you are getting down to business (as you probably have to, it’s complicated!).

    I am so sorry to hear that you did not have a great morning, to say the least. I hope that your instinct turns out to be true and that it is just a matter of getting the timing correct.

    A perfect storm, indeed! Wow, I am so sorry to hear this. No easy solution. I hope that both your and Keith’s Mom’s health status become more stable shortly. Or, else we will just have to clone Keith! Seriously, I hope that you all have some good news soon.

    Take care.

    Love, Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear that today was a bad day all around. I hope you can find the meds timed so that you can avoid the nausea. At least the docs are on call with some advice. It looks like it's a full time job getting those pills organized.
    Give Keith an extra hug - this is a hard time for him and you! You all deserve some good news. love, ellen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry to hear about your nausea and vomiting. That's the pits! Is today going any better.....?
    ....and I'm so, so sorry to hear of Keith's mom's set back. Fingers and toes crossed hoping you get some good news very soon.
    Love,
    ann

    ReplyDelete