Tuesday, May 3, 2011

No Go

No Chemo for me today. Between having a nasty little cold and my blood counts being in the crapper it just didn't make sense. I'm getting really anemic (hence the tiredness and the panting when I go upstairs), my platelets are low (no evidence of this yet), my white blood counts are low (probably the reason I came down with this dumb cold). I'm scheduled to go back in on Friday to get blood drawn again. I'm sort of hoping that we can just call it good enough and skip this last round of chemo. Right now it is just wait (rest up) and see.

In other news, after a rugged week or so, Keith's mom seems to be improving! There is even talk of moving her out of the ICU soon. She is in it for a long haul, but we're all happy that things are trending in the right direction. The crazy part is that they still aren't so sure about the underlying cause! There are a couple of possibilities, but her symptoms don't fit either one perfectly. Hmmm.

5 comments:

  1. Man I am sorry you are having such a rough tie of it. Well more than "normal". please stay home and rest, cuddle with Red and let us take care of stuff at school. Give Keith a hug and know his mom is in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure wish I were closer so that I, too, could offer some concrete support(clean your house, make you bone soup?) as the person in post #1 has done. So sorry to hear your blood counts are down and that you're just dragging around -a real bummer but no surprise after 5 rounds of chemo. Rest, enjoy silly movies and engaging books. We've got Keith's mom in our thoughts & prayers, too - still in ICU and no diagnosis? That's darn scary. Thinking of you from a damp & chilly Ontario, S, L & N

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry it was a no go on the chemo this week; I know you want to get this step over and move on to the next.
    Glad tha Keith's mom is showing a little improvement but it's still very scarey not knowing what's going on. Please give my best to Keith..... that man needs needs a prize this week!
    love, ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the report. I am very sorry that your stats were too low for chemo. And, I am sorry to hear of the other worrisome and annoying symptoms. Wow, not easy, to say the least!

    I hope that perhaps Friday’s blood draw will show some improvement.

    I am happy to hear that Keith’s Mom is showing some improvement. I hope that her docs are able to figure out the underlying cause.

    Take care of yourself. Sending you and Keith excellent vibes and wishes!! Give an extra scratch and rub to Red!

    Love, Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope your blood counts look better on Friday and it's a GO for the chemo. You and Keith are certainly having a bum patch these days. You both deserve some treat this weekend. Wish I could drop by with a tasty dish or a good DVD.
    We are all praying and rooting for you and Keith's mom. Ellen

    ReplyDelete