Friday, June 15, 2012

flowin'

The cisternogram showed good enough flow and I just finished getting my first dose of intrathecal depocyt.  So far so good.  Certainly takes a lot less time than regular chemo- it only took 4 minutes.  Of course it was only 5 milliliters.  Now I just need to take it easy and not fall into a coma.  Keith is already driving me nuts checking for neurotoxicities and giving me neuro-function tests.  The doctors say the problems (if any) would arrive within the first several hours.  If all goes well, I should be gettting out of here tomorrow.

I had a meltdown in the hallway while waiting for transport back to my room from my second set of cisternogram pictures.  Between lack of sleep, and nerves, my mind got away from me as I was waiting over 45 minutes for transport.  It was great to arrive at my room to see Keith and to find that my oncologist was already here waiting for me to arrive to administer the chemo.  whew.  Here's hoping for a restful cancer killing night.

5 comments:

  1. Hello again! Thanks very much for the recent report. Glad to hear that you were able to receive your first round of chemo. Limbs crossed for no (may I repeat, NO!) nasty side effects!

    Well, heck, I think you are allotted many, many meltdowns!! I can’t really imagine all that you are going through. You are truly amazing.

    OK, night, night! Hope that you (and you, too Keith) are able to get some sleep tonight and that a swift and easy discharge is in the cards for tomorrow.

    Take good care.
    Love, Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eileen- thanks for the detailed posts. It's all very facinating (I can't even pronounce some of the words you write)... I just wish I wasn't learning it all from your personal experience.
    With all you've been through, who wouldn't have a meltdown. I'm so glad Keith and the oncologist were waiting for you once you got back to your room.
    I sure hope you were able to sleep well last night, had no side effects, and are on your way home this morning!
    Take good care. Love, ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exactly - who wouldn't be experiencing melt-downs with all this trauma, worry, and a sleep deprived night on top of it! I sure hope that there was a kind and experienced health care person who came to your aid. I'm glad to hear the flow was good and that you could get your 1st dose of chemo, and hope that by now you're able to relax a little because you didn't experience any negative side effects. Also, hope your mom has arrived without any problems. love, Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eileen, Great news that things are flowing. You are super strong; wish I were there to congratulate you in person. Hope you had a good night's rest and are being discharged so you can sleep in your own bed and have your furry friends close by. You know melt-downs are sometimes what is needed to get things going. Glad you have your advocate by your side checking on your reactions. Keith you are wonderful! love, ellen

    ReplyDelete