Thursday, June 28, 2012

Living It Up!

It was a good day. Well as good as it gets given my situation. I don't want to be too much of a Pollyanna. My prognosis hasn't changed. I just had a really nice day. No appointments (radiation finished yesterday), a couple of phone calls to make appointments went according to plan. Monday will be a big day with appointments with my psychologist, the neurosurgery nurse practitioner (taking out stitches) and my next dose of chemo. Back to today though. It was a beautiful day, we got up and went for a 2 mile trot. Then we headed over to Sausalito with the dog and had a yummy lunch at FISH. Then we walked over to the Heath Ceramics (which I've been meaning to do for YEARS) and treated myself to some of the most beautiful things! I swear my simple dinner of quinoa, spicy tofu skins and veggies tasted better than ever thanks to my new dishes. Back home and I had a relaxing afternoon capped off with a short trot with Red.

9 comments:

  1. beautiful china for a beautiful person. ENJOY! Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous - dinner DOES taste better in something beautiful; tea tastes better in a lovely mug....You are so strong and wise to be able to focus on having a good day. Keep those good days coming. You and Keith are my heros (with a little credit to Red and the pussers). I hope your appt-filled day on Mon goes well. Thinking of you all the time and sending our love, Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greetings, Eileen! Thanks very much for posting. Yes, you continue to serve as an excellent role model and hero for all of us. Given all that you are going through, you manage to keep focused on the day, and plan a darn good time. Wow, your dishes are just gorgeous, delicious shades. Sorry for that awful pun, but it seemed to be right on the money. Seriously, great colors.

    I think about you all, all, all the time. And will do so extremely intensely on Monday.

    Take care.

    Hugs and kisses,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you had a good day, Eileen. Enjoy each and every one that you can. Thanks for including a picture of your new dishes. They are beautiful; I love the colors! We'll be thinking of you especially on Monday.
    Love to you and Keith,
    ann

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful post from a wonderful person! You are a real treasure! So glad you and Keith (& Red) are having enjoyable outings. You live in such a wonderful area. Your dishes are really beautiful! Monday sounds like a busy day; I will be thinking of you wishing that all the appointments go well. love from all of us, Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Days without appointments are THE best days. Glad you enjoyed yours, and what lovely dishes. (There’s something about a sturdy ceramic that makes the meal better.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful dishes, sturdy and colorful just like you. I hope your week has more positives than negatives. We will be keeping you in our thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thinking of you both today with all your appointments as well as your next dose of chemo. I hope the day goes well.

    What a great day you planned: 2 trots with Red, a lunch at FISH and a visit to Heath Ceramics! Your new dishes are gorgeous! No wonder the food tastes better!
    Love to you and Keith,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just thinking of you...hope you had a nice 4th and didn't hear too many gunshots :) Also hope you're feeling OK..Liz

    ReplyDelete