Sunday, March 7, 2010

Count Down to Chemo...


Tomorrow at this time I'll be done with my first chemo drip (not done with the side effects, but that's another matter entirely). We've had a lazy weekend getting things pulled together before this next chapter starts. We cleaned the house, made and froze some dinners (and dog treats), put up a new shower curtain (as per the "chemotherapy and you" pamphlet) and Keith dove in to the no hair pond to check the water for me. He says the water is fine and I say he looks great! I'm up next and I'm still debating whether to spend the money on a cute very short hair cut (that will only last a week or so) or to just have Keith buzz it. At the moment I'm leaning towards having Keith buzz it.

I'll post tomorrow after (or maybe during) my drip.

3 comments:

  1. Keith looks so spohisticated and intimidating. :) Go for the cute haircut, then you can say you tried a super short haircut and know if you like the sophisticated look too. I am glad you had a lazy weekend. Enjoy the evening, get some good eats and know you are in my thoughts.
    Love to both of you,
    Marna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, Keith! I like your new 'do, as well. A great display of couple solidarity.

    I'll be thinking of you both tomorrow.

    Hugs,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I'm a friend of John Dodelson. He sent me your blog. First, I can say, been there, done that. It's been 5 years. When I read your blog, if feels like yesterday. Your hair, you get about 21 days before it starts to fall out. So you have a little more time. Get some hair, or some hats, beanies, scarves, whatever you want. I spent allot of time in beanies. Just wanted to mix it up, though I did buy a wig and and edge, which you wear under a hat of your choosing.
    The walks are key. Do it everyday, no matter what. I'd love to talk with you, though this blog is fine. I understand the fear, it's very real. In hindsight, what you are going through will change your life. Love is richer, friendships mean more as do most things in your life. Good luck. Virtual hug. Patt

    ReplyDelete