Tuesday, March 9, 2010

So far so good.

I'm feeling pretty good, despite the fact that I've been sitting around analyzing every last thing. I'm happy to report that I'm feeling pretty perky (thank you steroids) and I'm not nauseous (thank you Emend, the very pricey "anti-nausea bomb"). I have spent the day lazying around, getting a shot in the stomach to kick start my bone marrow into making more white blood cells, trying to figure out some insurance snafu, going to Costco to pick up a couple of things before my mom's arrival and chatting on the phone. Not bad for the day after my first session of chemo.

There were quite a few goodies delivered by the UPS fairy today! A gorgeous orchid, a box of yummies from Zingerman's, a new hat and a gorgeous bouquet of flowers.

In other news, Keith buzzed my hair today. I actually like it short (very very short). It's just a little chilly up there. I'll post a photo tomorrow.

I'm off to watch some TV and try to get my mom settled in.

4 comments:

  1. This is great news! Glad to hear that the first day post-chemo went well and that you're feeling good and could spend the day relaxing. Excited to see the short hair! I'll bet it looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that you're feeling ok, even perky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's hoping that the drugs continue to do a good job at keeping you feeling pretty good. Now that shot in the stomach doesn't sound fun...Can't wait to see the photo of you with the new 'do. I bet stylist Keith did a terrific job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is excellent news!! Hope the drugs continue to do their job!

    Jane

    ReplyDelete