Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Set for Take Off...

After yesterday's frustrations, today was great!

My CT scan was easy (although I still have that barium gurgle in my gullet, sorry if that's just TMI) and the cardiologist, who stood me up yesterday, fit me in for my heart checkup. I even was told that my kidneys are perfect and my heart looks normal. I'm a sucker for any good news at the moment.

Now I'm all done with testing and I'm even scheduled for chemo! Yes, I will finally start getting rid of this shit!!! My chemo starts on Monday. It'll be a long one because it is my first dose, so I'll need to bring plenty to do so I don't go crazy sitting around for 4.5-5hours!

Not much left to do now but get a blood test (another stick in my battered arms/hands) and wait.

Thanks for all the well wishes!

6 comments:

  1. Good to get killing nasty things underway! Delighted that your principal is very accommodating and like the idea of 2 weeks teaching with one week off for the chemo. You do need to preserve strength as well as keep to a normal life. Hope you can relax (yeah, stupid idea) a bit now that these pesky details are out of the way. Hugs, S, L & N

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fingers crossed. Am so impressed with your spunk!
    -Kathleen
    (Fellow Oaklander w/ Newtown, CT roots)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eileen, just found out today. My Dad's been through chemo twice and though it's not always pleasant, it's definitely manageable.

    Bring a good book and some music to the treatment and you should be fine. Oh and if they let you eat cookies, bring them too!

    Wishing you all the best.
    A

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear things have been going a little more smoothly for you. Will be thinking of you on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. e! I'm sad to hear that you have to deal with all this! And I'm so impressed by your attitude. You are so going to get through this--and with spunk, too! What can I do to help? Chem grading? House cleaning? Errands? Just let me know--I'm not far away. I miss E days and hanging out in the office with you! You'll be in my prayers. Sending happy thoughts your way...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have you been feeling up to sewing??? A creative outlet for waiting rooms....I'm sending all our love! JOY

    ReplyDelete