Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Another Dose of Cancer Killers on Board!

So far so good today...At least I got a good night's sleep. I finally broke down last night and took something to help me sleep better. You see, they give me steroids before my chemo and I keep taking them for a couple of days after chemo. Those buggers keep me feeling pretty good during the day, but I could stay up all night if I'm not careful.

I'm hoping the unpredictable weather we've had around here (hail and rain yesterday) won't keep my sister from getting here for a quick visit. Poor thing will be out here just when I go off the steroids and the side effects of the $3000 Nuelasta shot really kick in (lots of achiness as my bone marrow is encouraged to make white blood cells).

We have also been treated with a yummy home cooked meal from one of my collegues (thanks Tom!), another box of yummies from Zimmerman's and I got the cutest earrings (just the right accessory for a gal who is slowly but surely losing her hair).

Thanks for all the support we've gotten from everyone (encouraging emails, comments on the blog, facebook notes, hugs, offers of help, and all the things I can't think of!). Knowing we've got so many folks rooting for us helps more than you know!

1 comment:

  1. Go, little cancer killers, knock 'em dead! Does the $3000 Nuelasta shot come in its own little blue Tiffany box or something? As your grandmother would say, "take 'er easy." Rain and hail? That sounds more like Canada in March. Thinking of you from sunny Ontario, Sheila

    ReplyDelete