Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Sixteen Days Out and Feeling Perky...

It's been sixteen days since they dripped the toxic cancer killing chemicals into me. I'm feeling almost normal. I think I'm a bit more tired than normal, but not bad. My taste buds returned to normal last weekend, so I've been enjoying eating all sorts of things (so refreshing!).

In other news, I've been totally overwhelmed by the kind words of support from my students. One of them set up a Facebook page called "Mrs Rohmer Get Well" (should be "Ms", really, but whatever...it is totally sweet!!). Reading all of their well wishes and kind words is so touching, and I can't help but tear up. Just one more reason I like my job.

Two more days of work and then I'm off for TWO WEEKS (chemo next week and then spring break is the next week). Yippee!

5 comments:

  1. Eileen, your "Ms." comment cracked me up! They never seem to get the Mrs./Ms. thing right, but--wow!--do they love you. This blog is amazing. I can't wait to see more photos of you in your classroom when we get back from Spring Break.
    -Ms (not Mrs!) Foster

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw the facebook group (oh, and btw, I am one of your "groupies"), and I loved that they used a mole for the thumbnail picture. A lot of my students called me Mrs. Lawrence. It bugged me a little at first (Mrs. Lawrence is my mom!), but when I realized that they have no conception of teachers even existing outside their classrooms, really, then it made sense that they wouldn't bother to distinguish. But yes, the kids are wonderful aren't they?? I miss them! And I'm glad they're rallying 'round. There's a nice sense of community at PHS you don't find just anywhere.

    I'm glad you're feeling fairly normal! I'm impressed! I'm (temporarily) on a fairly strong asthma/allergy drug--which is baby stuff, really, compared to what they're giving you--and it's making me totally cranky. I am clearly not as tough as "Rohmtron." (do they really call you that??)

    Hooray for two weeks off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're feeling pretty good. My best to both of you. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That FB page is absolutely precious! I was all choked up reading it--bless their hearts! Truly "heart-warming", and a tribute to your great teaching!
    Really happy to hear you're feeling so well, Eileen. And with the vacation coming up, that will give you time to recuperate even more from the next session. We're sending good vibes your way every day, and look forward to your complete recovery-ousting all that nasty cancer from your system. Love and prayers, P&A

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad that you've been feeling pretty perky lately! Will be thinking of you today and your 2nd big drip, hoping things go smoothly.....and that you enjoy the benedryl snooze.

    ReplyDelete